Saturday, September 23, 2017

Ooops

I would have sworn that I published the post with the KH and KC winners after the polls closed last night.  I didn't see that I didn't until signing on a while ago.  Sorry!

 These are the final vote summaries:
Judi Dench1645.71%45.71%
Michelle Obama
1954.29%54.29%
Henrik Lundqvist1862.07%62.07%
Ewan McGregor
1137.93%37.93%
(Not sure why the blue squares are showing up;  sorry again.)

Now for the winning nominators.
Terry nominated Mrs. Obama, so she gets the Knitters' Chick Grand Prize.  (If she'll send me her address, that is.  Terry, it is the name of this blog at hotmail dot com.)
Jorene nominated Dame Judi, so she gets the KC Runner-Up Prize.  To fully disclose --- Jorene is my cousin.  She is a stalwart supporter of these contests, sending voters over from her Facebook feed.
Congratulations to you both, and to Michelle and Judi.

On the Knitters' Hunk side, Camille got Henrik Lundqvist's name into the Fedora of Fate, so the Grand Prize will be hers. She is also an enthusiastic fan of the contests, and some of the prizes awarded this year will have come from her.
Since Ewan McGregor went into the draw automatically, I go back to the person who nominated his opponent in the Semifinals.  That opponent was Stephen Colbert, and his nominator was Bridget.  The Runner-Up Prize, therefore, is hers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for getting this contest through its 10th year.  Your enthusiasm and support and terrific nominations never fail to make things fun for me.  What do think about doing it all again next year?

5 comments:

kathy b said...

Hooray to all the winners. IT is NOT an easy feat to win. Ten years of thanks to you KIM!!!

Bridget said...

To quote my mother, "It sure beats spittin' ..."

(And no, I don't know why she used to say that.)

camille said...

Here's to another ten years, Kim! Thank you for all of the fun during this contest and ALL year long! I hope you had fun too. I'm so excited that other people Iike Henrik too- I loved all of the nominees, it was tough choosing!

Vera said...

Congrats to the winners. I say a definite yay to next year. Bring it on.

Vicki Knitorious said...

Yay!! So much fun every year... only as long as it is also still fun for you!! Thank you.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...