Monday, November 13, 2017

A Little Interview

As is her Monday wont, Kathy has provided excellent discussion questions.  Break into small groups and see what you come up with.

When were you last in a big city?
It says a lot about my life that I can't remember.  A long, long time ago.

What handknit did you wear this weekend?
A pair of socks.

Do your pets sit by the heating vents, radiators or the like when it is cold in the house?
Yes!  Erin stays right in front of the vent in the bedroom.  Occasionally, Riley will stand in front of one in the den, but not for long.  Our dear Lily would lie right on top of the vent, which never ceased to amaze me.  How could she stand that direct high heat?

How do you keep track of the knits you’ve created and what yarn was used?
I don't.  I never have.  People will ask what yarn something is made with, and my only answer is a shrug.  For things made for my etsy shop, I have to forcefully remind myself to write it down.

Does anybody have that Norman Rockwell scene around the Thanksgiving table anymore? 
When my husband was alive, he and I would sometimes go to his parents' for Thanksgiving, and there were a fair amount of people there. Growing up, as an only child, my parents and I would have a normal meal.  Daddy and I were more interested in watching football anyway.  Also, since he started his Christmas season at the jewelry store the next day, relaxing rest was more important than food.  😉

Do you have a small batch recipe that works?
Again, coming from a small family, and having a small one on my own, big batch recipes have never been necessary.  All my recipes are small batch.

How are your hands holding up?  Chapped? 
I'm a slave to hand lotion anyway, so my hands are in fairly good shape, except that my nails could be longer.  My lips are another story;  they stay rough all during cold weather.

What are you missing about summer? 
Nothing at all.  I loathe summer.  Loathe.  One extremely Athens-centric benefit of summer, if I were forced to name one, is the lack of students and the concomitant freeing up of traffic and parking spaces.

When was the last time you went through a security line?
Flying to and from Philadelphia when I went to see Shari (and Bridget!)

Does your family have a secret family recipe?
Daddy used to make something called "Stuff," which my mother tried a thousand times to get right, and never could.  It was a sweet spread (sorry --- that's as close as I can get) that we ate on saltine crackers.  Briton and Hannah LOVED it, too.


1 comment:

kathy b said...

Im so glad the prompts gave us a view of you we never knew!I I dont remember you dad being at a jewelry store! no wonder you have great taste

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...