Saturday, January 6, 2018

Goings-On

I don't know how many of you use, or even know about, Meetup.  A couple of months ago, I discovered a group called "Athens Crafternoons," and decided to give it a shot.  There was a get-together this afternoon, with a scrapbooker, a cross-stitcher, a zentangler, a crocheter and three knitters.  There was lots of cross-talk, and not everyone there is my cup of tea, but I sat next to the zentangler and was mesmerized by her work.  She said she liked drawing in the company of other creative people, because it kept her from thinking too much about what she was doing.  She enjoyed watching others work, which kept her from thinking too much.  She could draw from her gut.  As amazed as I am by the products of people's gifts, I'm just as often interested in how they experience their process.

As you can imagine, everything here right now is the National Championship game on Monday.  This is a deep, deep, DEEP football town any time of any day, but it is insane here right now.  The Rose Bowl was carried in the theater where Briton works, but he wasn't on that night.  The championship game is also going to be there, and he doesn't work again, for which he is immensely grateful.  People are rabid as it is, and there's a bar at the theater, so. . . 

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Oh boy. Monday will be a big night for many!!! It is exciting to be in a sports happy town I think! I do love your sighing movie though! Zach likes to draw with black on white paper. It relaxes him!!

Kim in Oregon said...

Rooting for the Dawgs just because I hate Alabama. So yeah, Go Dawgs. Good on you for going out for Crafternoons!

One

One video.